LH 74: Easy Homemade Yogurt – No Equipment Needed
How to safely make yogurt with NO equipment
I took two weeks off podcast production to work on a new project for Living Homegrown, so this is the second (and last) encore presentation to hold you over while I’m away.
It’s all about how you can easily make yogurt at home at room temperature without any heating or special equipment.
You will learn:
- The advantages of homemade yogurt
- How the whole process works
- Why you don’t need ANY special equipment
- How to make it the EASY way – without heating the milk
- The different types of yogurts you can make
- Why yogurt making is so safe
Yogurt Cultures Mentioned:
There are many different yogurt cultures, but a few mentioned on this episode are:
- Villi – The heirloom culture I use for room-temperature yogurt
- Traditional Greek
- Piima (Makes a drinkable yogurt)
- Vegan Yogurt Starter* – A direct set (not reusable) dairy-free starter
* Most cultures can be reused to make a new batch of yogurt except for direct set yogurts. They are one time use products.
Note: All of the cultures listed above are available from Cultures for Health. I am not an affiliate for them and I have no connections with them other than as a customer. I just love their products and wanted to share them as a resource. But there are many other places on the internet where you can buy yogurt cultures if they do not have what you are looking for.
For a printable recipe, click below:
Resources & Links Mentioned:
- Cultures for Health – (Where I buy many of my cultures)
- How to make raw milk yogurt
- How to make Greek yogurt – traditional
- Substituting goat’s milk in cultured products
- One method for goat’s milk yogurt
- How to make nut milk yogurt
Click here for the full transcript for Episode #74
Enjoy this podcast?
Sign up for updates & receive my free Canning Resource Guide